Saturday, June 6, 2009

P p p poker face p p poker face....

I mean really... "can't read my can't read my poker face"... is this what our music has come to? Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of driving down the road, laughing at myself singing this song, but it's quite ridiculous. Also, have you heard the birthday sex song?

It's on the R&B stations, here. I'm pretty sure he says, "tell me where you want your gift". Whoa. What are our kids listening to? Granted when I was growing up it was "I like big butts and I cannot lie" and I didn't know what Sir Mix A Lot was singing about. I knew what big butts were, but not sex apparently. My brother and I thought it was hilarious. And then there was I'm hot for teacher. Of course we thought it was "I'm not the teacher" and my parents weren't going to tell me otherwise. Is this the case for songs like Birthday Sex? Are kids just hearing other things and it's innocent?

Yes, I'm overreacting. I find great hilarity in these songs and even mock them by singing them. They did one thing right by getting catchy tunes (which are typically borrowed).

Just a random thought for the evening.

Any crazy songs you've heard lately?

2 Toasts:

Classy Stiletto said...

Even better, I've seen the video. My television was on BET from stand up comedy viewed the night before and when I turned it on, they were interviewing this Jeremiah character, then playing his video. Not. real. But agreeably, hilarious.

Anonymous said...

The new Black-Eyed Peas song is quite catchy, put pretty ridiculous as well. I want to stop humming it under my breath but I can't... :)