Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Avoiding it like the plague...

A year ago Wednesday, as in tomorrow, my grandmother died--unexpectedly. I've been trying to avoid it like you would the bubonic plague. I won't go into details, but I can say I miss her very much. And that ,my friends, is an understatement.

I pulled out my video camera tonight and watched my uncle's wedding from a couple years ago. My grandmother was in that video. She was beautiful. I just wanted to hear her voice again. It reminded me how much I long to talk to her one more time. I miss our conversations and her wise advice. I miss reflecting on the family get togethers with her, where we made fun of the notsonormal parts of the family. I miss the $20 she would slip into my pocket every time I saw her. It was good to see her and hear her voice.

My mother sent me an e-mail a few days ago reminding me to rejoice in the good times. While it is incredibly hard to look past her death, I can remember the fabulous times I had with her. She, too, enjoyed a good glass of wine or a Corona with a lime. I love her and I miss her.

So, I apologize, dear friends, for the lack of postage this week, but it's been hard.

Tonight was a night for myself and comforts. I bought a bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, Sex and the City the Movie, and a Pumpkin Spice candle. Dinner was a Cup O' Noodles, the ultimate in comfort! :)

So I promise, at least 3 good posts to come! Just need a little reprieve from the good ole' Blogger world! :)

Happy Hump Day, Tomorrow!

3 Toasts:

bodelou said...

death is always a tough thing to deal with. sometimes it takes forever to get over it, depending on the circumstances, naturally.

hang in there, it gets better eventually. you are lucky to have had a grandmother that was such an important part of your life.


and there's no cure like comfort :)


ps you're tagged

Classy Stiletto said...

I love you. I've been thinking about you all day.. Will call straight away after work. Keep your head up and stay busy.

Roxie said...

thanks friends.. :)