So my stay at home was a little longer than expected. After having the lazy bastard in my house for half of my summer, I was desperate for some time with all of the people whom I love and who love me. Not that the boyfriend and all my friends here don't love me, but there's something about spending time with your mother and your best friends that takes you to your happy place.
I got in town Sunday afternoon. My mom took me to a nice dinner like she usually does when I'm in town. Kind of a ritual now, I suppose. It's always a good opportunity to tell her everything that's in my head, because she's the only one that will listen to me talk all day long if I want to.
That afternoon Classy and I decided that we would go out later that night for adult beverages and other such debauchery. After searching for a cute outfit to wear and departing to prepare our beautiful selves for the evening ahead, we (Classy, Diva (Classy talks about her in her blog) and Classy's Bf) met.
Side Note: Classy and I are neighbors in our hometown. Yes, we grew up across the street from each other and rode to school together throughout high school. This is probably where the withdrawal comes from when we don't see each other. We saw each other non-stop back in the day. Back in the day... haha.
Anyway...We left to go to our new favorite bar. We started off the evening with shots because our friend "Ditsy" (Classy dubbed her this) was meeting us for adult beverages too. We can only handle her in small doses. Everyone has people in their lives like this, right? Well, either way, we had to get some liquid-deal-with-ditsy in us before she got there.
So, a Washington Apple, Royal Flush, and our respective drinks and it wasn't even like we had skipped a day seeing each other. Gotta love friends like these. For me it was a double Jack and Coke night. It was also a night of requesting ridiculous songs on the Juke Box. T-Pain anyone? Usher? Loooove it.
Oh how I love home. Maybe when we're grown-ups one day we'll live in the same town again.
The next day the trouble came. Took my car in for an oil change and came out with $500 in work (that my fantastic mother paid for) more than 24 hours later. I was suppose to go back to my other home Tuesday and that didn't happen. But I'm back now!
Start school on Monday... Wooooooo, but good news is.... I get to see Classy and her Bf not this weekend but next! Hoorah!
6 years ago

1 Toasts:
Imma take you home with me...
what a night. And yes, I hope we live in the same city again one day.
Post a Comment