Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Okay, so I may be exaggerating a little. Today, I slept in until 12:30 almost 1:00. Normally, this wouldn't be a bad thing because I need the rest, but I got almost 13 hours of sleep all because I didn't want to get out of bed and face the day! All I really needed to do today was laundry, dishes, revise a Spanish and Sociology paper, and write a 5-page Sociology paper! So far, I've revised the Spanish and Sociology papers, and I have a paragraph of the 5-pager. On top of sleeping in until said times, I lied on the couch for a few hours and watched Scrubs episodes that I had Tivo-ed. I was just stuck. Everyone feels this way sometimes, I suppose. Today it was just really hard to get out of it. Instead of behaving like an alcoholic and having an adult beverage to take the edge off, I visited the gas station down the road and bought 2 candy bars (Butterfinger and Mounds) and a Rootbeer to remedy this situation. I know, probably not a good idea to eat my troubles away, but I thought it was better than alcohol! I just wanted something comforting and since I don't eat a lot of candy, I allowed myself this indulgence. My candy, soda and 2 CSI episodes and I was back on track, and felt like I could finally complete my tasks that I reeeeeeaaaallly didn't want to do earlier in the day. Maybe I'm feeling like this right now because on the 22nd it will have been a year since my amazing grandmother passed away, maybe because this is the first time I've taken 15 credit hours and worked close to 30 hours at the same time, maybe it's because so many people that I know have either died or on the verge of dying, maybe it's because this is a confusing time in my life.... who knows. I know it's okay to feel this way, and I'm staying positive, but it was just a rough day!

On a lighter note, my new best friend has become Pandora. If you've never heard of this website, you should definitely check it out! I'm in love. Some of my bookmarked songs are on the right of my blog, you can click on those too... it will tell you all about the artist and everything! Super fun.

School and Work tomorrow... and Work until Sunday with no break. I've been off for the past 3 days, so it's okay, but I'm seriously burnt out from this job. Buh.

The boyfriend's friend B's girlfriend (got that?) is going to be in town on Friday and we're all going to get 50 cent draft at the bar!! Also, LB (Lazy Bastard) is going to be in town, we're lucky enough, though, he'll be staying at the parentals place because they are out of town for the next 3 weeks in New Zealand (JEALOUS)! Sorry Run-on sentence... I don't care it's my blog, I can do what I want!! haha!

Either way.. Happy Hump Day tomorrow, have a good one!!!

2 Toasts:

Jamie Lovely said...

I had a Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad day not too long ago.

I hate those.

I hope tomorrow is better!

Tiff said...

Pandora is probably the best thing in the whole wide world (well, maybe not the WHOLE world, but it's pretty great).

Hope this week is going better for you girl!